How do you manage your usernames and passwords?
- On a scrap of paper
- On a spreadsheet
- Rely on your Internet Browser to remember them
If you have more than a few usernames and passwords to remember, keeping track of them can be a difficult task. It might be time for you to look at a password management tool.
Typical problems keeping track of usernames and passwords:
Trying to find that scrap of paper or spreadsheet can take up a huge amount of time and effort.
- Many times I have written down a username and password only to find out I can’t read my own handwriting just a few minutes later.
- The scrap of paper that I wrote the username and password is not where I am working. I wrote it down on a piece of paper at the office computer but today I’m working from home and I need it now.
- I spilled my favorite beverage all over the scrap of paper, and now I can’t read anything on it
- The spreadsheet that I used to track usernames and passwords is on my office computer and I need it on my Tablet, but I found out that I didn’t copy over the latest version of the file.
- The laptop I’m using isn’t connected to wifi where I’m working today. I just needed to look up some information and now I can’t because I’m not ‘connected’
All of these problems can be fixed by using a password management tool. There are many different tools available for you to use.
I have personally used RoboForm to manage all of my usernames and passwords and found that it meets all of my needs. Using RoboForm Everywhere I’m able to use it on all of my devices including my desktop computer, laptop and tablet. RoboForm does a nice job of synchronizing the information to all devices without any problems.
I like it so much, I’ve become an affiliate, and I promote the software whenever I can to people who are having problems keeping track of their usernames and passwords. If you would like to try it out you can install it and try it for free.